The Aim is to develop and share the evidence base to recommend more effective health services that improve the resilience towards growing urbanization and climate change impacts on the urban citizens, particularly poor and vulnerable communities in low resource settings/geographies.
Our mission is to improve urban health services in low resource settings. We are working to change the way urban health knowledge is accessed, shared, and used.
We do so by:
- Gathering, curating, producing, and sharing accurate, up-to-date knowledge and platforms to support family planning efforts worldwide.
- Using knowledge management approaches to strengthen health systems and improve Urban Health, DRR & CCA programs.
- Serving as a neutral broker and strategic connector of people, institutions, ideas, and technical knowledge in the field of Urban Health, Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation Initiatives.
- Drawing from a wealth of expertise and resources from Urban Health Champions; DRR and CCA Experts.
- Develop and manage an unparalleled collection of freely accessible Urban Health; DRR and CCA related knowledge resources;
- Strengthen the knowledge management capacity of health-focused institutions and organizations, by partnering with governments, health ministries, development agencies, global advocacy campaigns, and the private sector;
- Conduct research on knowledge management-driven Urban health interventions; and
- Work with local organizations to develop and implement knowledge management solutions.